Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 11: Another Week

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Another week
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 12:13:06 -0500
From: Brett Hogg 

Not much to report on this week, a lot of the same ol' same ol'. I do love it though, just talking to and meeting people is awesome. This week a couple Guatemalan ladies made us Guatemalan food, it was essentially a burrito and chicken salad, with homemade papaya juice. It was all delicious!

We also have a baptism this week! He's 9, so hes technically a convert baptism, even though the rest of his family are all already baptized, they were inactive for a while. So that's cool, Ill have pictures of that next week.
Also our English class has a student! Its a member of the branch here, hes like 60 something probably? He's going to take his citizenship test pretty soon so he wants help knowing how to pronounce everything. Hes got a whole system, hes going to study 5 questions a week (there's a 100 total) until he knows all the answers. He writes all the questions out (white a ruler so everything is straight on the paper lol), in different colors (red, blue and black for the each language and if its a question or an answer). It's my understanding that the test is actually like an interview, and they ask like 10 of the possible 100 questions, and I guess based on how well you do (and maybe your English? don't quote me on that (but the interview is entirely in English). Hes cool and its really fun actually. Its really mind-bending switching constantly between Spanish and English, I always wind up forgetting what sounds different letters make lol. 

Oh yea and we get t go to the temple this week as a district, so that will be cool. There's a former Temple and Stake President serving in the mission and he'll be coming too! Elder Finlinson and I have been writing down deep doctrinal questions to ask him.
That's really all I can think of right now, the weeks are going by so fast!! Feels like this transfer just started!
If I think of anything else or if you have any other questions ill write again!
Love,
Elder Hogg

Oh yea, I he was too quick to get a picture, but I saw a wild gecko! He was long and green. The biggest lizard I've seen to far, maybe 5 inches long? Its so weird that they have wild lizards here, what the heck! 

Also we saw a Mexican license plate, Elder Finlinson says they're all over, but this is the first that I've seen. 

I did (get my package) and you guys are dirty liars! 
We got him the Jabrari Parker bobblehead!  We had emailed him and told him that we didn't get it at the game (which was TRUE). I bought it from eBay because I knew he wanted it so badly!


Thanks a ton for all the stuff <3 Elder Finlinson liked his stuff too 



Also we have yet to see a welcome to Plano sign, its kind of weird? Still working on getting you those pictures though! 

Also the Columbian lady we teach stayed! The person that was sick died the day before she was going to leave so she just stayed!

I miss you guys too, and I love everything you guys send me!

I'm always surprised at the cost of postage on those things, so don't worry about sending me anything right away again!! 

I can't really think of anything else really right now that I need, just love hearing from everyone back home and seeing what's going on, even if I don't respond with much, it doesn't mean I still don't love it! 

Anyway, I'll talk to you again next week, hopefully something cool happens this next week, thank you for everything you do!!

Love you 
Elder Hogg



No comments:

Post a Comment