Monday, October 15, 2018

BOXES (of goodies)

Subject: 📦📦📦
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 15:05:32 -0500
From: Brett Hogg

Fist of all, I GOT THE BOXES!!!!!! And they are AWESOME!!! Thank you guys so much!! I don't have a picture with all the stuff right now (mostly because a lot of it got consumed fairly quickly). They came mid week, so we just put them inside and we had to go. But needless to say Grandma Debbie's cookies, and the cookies that mom sent didn't last long. We've already made mac n' cheese and pasta, and had the soup. We bought cheese to go with the pizza stuff, and we are STOKED for it. So our bellies are happy right now. Gracias yall! ❤

The soup came in handy this week, because as you know I was feeling a bit under the weather a couple weeks back. Well I've been feeling a lot better but still have a little bit of what is probably a sinus infection. So the mission nurse told us to go on down to the urgent care place and get some antibiotics. Well that morning that we did that, Elder K woke up with a pretty bad cold, and later that night I had a upset stomach. So we were both sick and the next day it was worse! My new stomach bug wasn't pretty, and Elder K was dying. We had the soup for dinner that night. BUT the work of the Lord waits for no man, so we still got out there and worked. 

We also went on exchanges with some other missionaries too this week. I was with an Elder from Hawaii, who actually came out with me (when I came back out). He was a professional singer back home, how cool is that? He had a contract to sing and play ukulele at fancy hotel in Japan. As part of his whole deal was he got his own room in the Hotel to live in and everything. I thought that only happened in Disney Channel shows lol. 

As far as people we are teaching, nothing monumentally new. We however are teaching a new marshallese family! The daughter is an active member, but her parents are not. The husband is actually from Pompeii?? That's what they said but Google Maps says that's just a city outside of Naples, Italy, and not a Pacific Island, and he's definitely from one of those. Either Way, he doesn't really speak marshallese. Well they understand enough English to get by, but the daughter translates every once and while. Also we have an app for missionaries that has flashcards for phrases and words to help missionaries learn languages. Sometimes we read things in marshallese right off there, and that helps. It was a good lesson and it seemed like they understood everything. It reminded me of teaching Hispanics because right after we asked if there was anything we could do for them, and she was like "We made dinner, so you could eat" and were surprised! She made us soy sauce chicken with rice, it was pretty good!

Fifth of all, I'M NOT GETTING TRANSFERRED. Staying here in Oklahoma with Elder Korhonen for my last 6 weeks! It doesn't feel real, but also feels right. I'm pretty at peace with it all. The Lord wants me to go home at some point, "and I can only do his will" (-JS), that's that I suppose. 

That's about it thank you again SOOOOOOOOO much for the foodstuffs!! 📦📦📦📦📦
You guys rock and I love you all!
Elder Hogg

No comments:

Post a Comment