Monday, May 29, 2017

Last week of the Transfer!

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Last week of the Transfer!
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 17:40:38 -0500
From: Brett Hogg 


This week has been pretty crazy! I went on like, 3 exchanges. First I went to Casa Linda (a spanish área in Garland, TX) with Elder Peterson for about 2 days. I really miss spanish work/food. Hispanics are more willing to talk to you and are inherently more religious. But that also makes it harder because they'll listen to your message, and let you come back (or say they will), even if they have no intention of really considering any other religion other than Catholicism. Catholicism is a weird family tradition with hispanics, even if they haven't been to church in 20+ years or know any Catholic doctrine, they'll commit to dying Catholic. I remember once in Grand Prarie, we were teaching this lady and she knew the Book of Mormon and everything else was true but she didn't want to not be Catholic, I remember she even said once "I don't want to think about if my church is true". 

Anyway, then we ate dinner at a members house, she made us Molé! I haven't had molé for years! It's a Mexican peanut sauce they usually put over chicken. It's pretty darn good. Also it was a bike area, it was like 90° out and a bunch of humidity, so I wasn't bananas about that, but the exchange was fun. 

Then I spent a day, with Elder Grimes. Steve said he sent you a picture. He was cool, he really likes Runescape so we talked about that a lot lol. It was a good day.



It was also Elder Watkins' and Elder Cox's last week so that was pretty sad. Elder Watkins is going to teach me to surf when I go to BYU-HAWAII. They've been pretty stressed too, Elder Cox (who already is known for contacting every single person he sees), has been like hyper-contacting, and Elder Watkins is kind of in denial lol. They leave technically on Wednesday, but really their last day in the area was yesterday because they have to do AP stuff (pick up new missionaries, their trainings, transfers, etc.) Also Elder Callister was on the transfer list too! So unless he's just getting moved over to the English side with me, I'll be getting 3 new roommates! And the worst part is Elder Cox and Elder Watkins knew the transfers this whole time, but refused to tell us! I'll miss them.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted!
Love,
Elder Hogg

QUICK EMAIL LATER IN THE DAY: I'm staying!! As of right now, the transfer list came out and I'm not on a but it is always subject to change, everyone else is on it though! The Oak Cliff areas (spanish and english) are basically going at be all new).

TEXT FROM STEVE (I'll do a whole post about Steve): "Hi Sister Hogg FYI Elder Hogg's new companion is Elder Flores. I don't know anything about him but I will meet him tomorrow evening also they will also handle the Spanish branch"

PICTURES!

The cat keeps coming back and looking through the window, and coming in lol, it's a little creepy when you turn around and he's there staring at you lol.


Found some one in Elder Grimes' area book with the last name Hogg! Pretty sure they're black, so we could be related (Brett keeps thinking he is part black)


There's this really good 'Mexican burger' place down the street a member takes us too sometimes called Burguesa, it's super good and has a ton of stuff on it, even beans lol.


And lastly, we were following Preach My Gospel and talking to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment