Monday, November 6, 2017

Chili, Ms Diane's package...

NOTE: I didn't get an email on 10/30 because of an email problem - so this is dated 11/6. I was so happy to get this email!! ~Mom
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brett Hogg <brett.hogg@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 12:13 PM
Subject: [Last week]

Crazy week fam,

So Saturday we had a baptism. It was a nine year old who's family is active but they were waiting for other reasons, but because hes just barely 9 he falls under our jurisdiction lol. Anyway, the night before, as we were about to go to bed we learn that there's nothing prepared for this baptism at all. So the next morning we pretty much coordinate the whole thing. For whatever reason it was at the same time as the English ward's chili cook off/trunk or treat, so it was kind of hectic, and I didn't get much chili haha.

We had another baptism for this weekend but he felt it was too soon, so we pushed it back. Hes super cool, we're excited for him when hes ready. We also got a new investigator, the very next lesson she asked to borrow money to send to her mother in Mexico.

Also there's this super cool family that I told you about before, and we keep having awesome lessons with them, but they keep not coming to church. I still love them though, she gets choked up anytime we testify of eternal families, shes awesome.

MS DIANE'S PACKAGE:
So the day we told Bro Valdez to tell you that we never got it, we stopped back at home for something real quick, and our neighbor was getting home from work at the same time, and he told us we have a package that's been sitting outside our back door for, like, 2 weeks. He had been trying to get hold of us to tell us but we were never home at the same time. Anyway, we went to the back door (which we never use), and there it was! We brought it in and it's awesome. It's great, because we had just run out of money, and now we don't have to worry about food!

(Ms Diane is our awesome neighbor here in Milwaukee.. she's the best and has watched my boys grow up. She's incredibly thoughtful and like family ☺)
It's also been freezing here lately! I think Texas has made me soft haha. Could you please send my winter coat? Also my Christmas sweater? And if possible, my Nike windbreaker?? Thanks <3

Anyways that's about it here,


Love yall!
Elder Hogg

Photos:



After the 9 y/o baptism, the family made Discada, which is probably spanish for "just throw it in there". It's every kind of meat you can think of pretty much, just thrown in a big mexican wok. It's probably my new favorite mexican food. 






Me opening Ms. Diane's package, thank you so much Ms. Diane!!


ME getting a surprise haircut at a relief society activity, where they were learning how to cut hair lol


Brett was in a group picture on the missionary facebook page for a leadership council. He was pretty tiny - so I asked if that was him. (I mean, really, there isn't anyone quite like him - lol!)

Btw! Yep that was me, I've been district leader since I was with Elder Flores. District leaders don't always go to Missionary Leadership Council, but this one they did. They introduced smartphones! So now we have smartphones, but our doesn't work right now, so we have to wait for Tuesday to get the right SIM card.

No comments:

Post a Comment