Monday, July 23, 2018

A week in Frisco - And transfering to Mesquite, TX!

Subject: A week!
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 15:55:54 -0500
From: Brett Hogg 

Hola Familia!

Glad you enjoyed the box! Kind of guessed on the hat size, they assure me you can get it stretched to a bigger size at a hat place, so hopefully it's close enough to do that.

Just a lot of little things this week.

First we were stopping by some people that were formally being taught here in the area. We knocked this one door and some one answered who wasn't the person we were looking for, but we told her what we're all about. She said that was pretty cool because she was just part of a traumatic thing in her life recently and she was praying and stuff, then we knocked on the door! We shared Alma 7:11-13, and she really liked it. We gave her the Book of Mormon and said we could come back! We came back and she wasn't home, but they'll get back in contact with her!

Then we were in Sherman (I really liked it, I was secretly hoping I would be transferred up there lol) on exchanges. We had a really good/intense lesson with someone that was supposed to be baptized this past Saturday. I cant quite tell you why it was intense, but we just had to powerfully testify that God loves him no matter what! And explain the atonement and even some of the plan of salvation.

We also volunteer at an old folks home here in Frisco twice a week. Some people are all there, and some are... not lol. But anyway, we help run Bingo lol. But THIS day they had a Luau! They had some people they came to Hawaii dance and play the ukulele, and while we were helping pour virgin margaritas (just drink mix in plastic cups lol), and one of the first things the Hawaiian dance lady says on the mic is "Shout out to the Elders! My Son [the one on the uke] just got back from Arizona on his mission!" So that was neat, we had to leave a little early to get to a lesson, so we didn't get to talk to them at all, but it was cool!

That lesson we had was with the awesome 17 year old, who wants to be baptized! We taught the Word of Wisdom, and she was like "I've been living that for like 2 months, when I heard about the church I was like 'I have to stop drinking coffee'" so that was awesome. Then we had the chance to meet her dad, who is not at all the biggest fan of her being baptized. He was nice.

Other than that, it's just been hot! We biked 25 miles on Saturday, and the heat index was something like 110°F or something. For me, after 90° it's all just hot lol. We average about 20 miles a day I think?

Anyway that's about it...

OH WAIT

I'M GETTING TRANSFERED. I'm going to the Rio Trinidad ward! It's the Spanish ward in Mesquite/East Dallas. We share the ward with another set of Elders, so I will be in the North area. And I will be back-up training (training him for his second transfer). I'm excited to be back in Spanish! And this is probably my last area, I'm sad to be leaving Frisco.

Anyway,

Love yall!
Elder Hogg

PICTURES:
At the end of this trail we always take (from here we go up the big sloppy part and under the bridge) there was this coloring page from some christian thing, so we fashioned a little sign using a passalong card and a nearby stake lol. It was kind of dumb but hopefully someone will find it and check out the card lol.




No comments:

Post a Comment