Monday, May 28, 2018

Bugs, Bruises, & Bikes

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Bugs, Bruises, & Bikes
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 14:39:04 -0500
From: Brett Hogg

Well it's been a hot one!

This week has been in the 90°s and humid as ever! Biking is fun, I've kind of just reached a point where I've just accepted it and it doesn't affect me anymore, I just step outside in the morning and say "this is my life now." We'll see how 100°+ feels this week! 

Investigator wise, not much progress. We did get to visit a girl named Allie, she's awesome. She is like 20 something, and in the hospital with some kind of crazy bone or lung cancer thing and lupas, and crazy tumor things all in her. Anyway, she wants to get baptized but shes physically cant! There's a bunch of tubes in her that can't get wet and stuff. Anyway she's awesome, she was taught by missionaries a while back, but they kind of lost contact because she got more sick, but recently our Ward Mission Leader was able to get back in contact with her. Anyway, we're going to see what we can do for her. 

And chiggers are back in season! My legs are pretty well bit up. I also kind of crashed my bike? Not really, I was checking the phone for an address and turned kind of weird and braked and my bike freaked out, I never fell, I landed on my feet, but the bike kind of smashed against my legs, and fell. So now I've got some bruises going on them too haha. It's better news than Elder Tornow's bike. Elder Tornow's crank (I think that's the name of the part that hold the to pedal arms together through the frame). Luckily a member is letting him borrow his super expensive mountain bike, and another member is looking into it and trying to fix it. We'll see. It looks like it found be pretty expensive. The member here are truly awesome. And there's so many of them! I bet I don't know 10% of their names (3 large wards, probably 150 each, compared to Lufkin, 25 people lol). When it broke we looked up the closest member, called 'em up, and they were there less than 10 minutes later to give us a ride! No wonder they're so well off/blessed, because they are so willing to serve! 

Anyway, not much else to report on, please read the Book of Mormon, it will change your life! A good verse Elder Nelson always shared Alma 7:11-14, and was good passage I came across again this week.

Anyways
Love ya guys!
Elder Hogg 👱🏾‍♂️

Bruises!

Chigger Bites!
Note from Mom: Being from Wisconsin - I didn't know what Chiggers were... so I had to look them up!!  I've since bought some DeepWoods OFF for his legs and it's in the next box on the way this week.  Ouch!



No comments:

Post a Comment