Monday, May 7, 2018

The Frisco Burger From Hardee's

Subject: The Frisco Burger From Hardee's
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 14:51:13 -0500
From: Brett Hogg 

(That's what Frisco makes me think about)

Well here I am in Frisco!


It's different up here for sure! First of all, Frisco is one big housing development that accidentally became a city. Every single neighborhood here has at least manor, heights, park or villas in its name. Everything here is super new, all new money. Elder Hyatt and I got sworn at. He was like, "hey can you read this sign?!" 

It almost like mini Utah, there are so many members here. We cover 3 wards! It's a stark contrast to my last area in which we averaged about 25 people in sacrament meeting. I have hopes of starting a spanish group here in Frisco, but all of the Hispanics are very dispersed and very hard to find. There are however, a plethora of Indians (India). We want to try and teach them, but it will be a challenge as they are all Hindu. 

The members are all awesome here though. They all want to help and they're all stinkin' successful!! Yet humble.  I went on exchanges with an uppity-up in Lexus (Toyota just barely moved their headquarters here). We went out in a Lexus that doesn't technically exist yet. They inside was a little plastic-y because it was a lot 3d printed stuff. It was pretty neat. we visited this awesome lady that had talked to missionaries before but has a hang up with prophets. Her husband was a total character. Awesome guy from california (and sounds like he's from there as well) and was hanging out in the garage that had writing and spray paint all over the garage. It was a scene for sure. Awesome family. They're feeding us dinner this week even even. 

My companion Elder Tornow is awesome, hes from New Mexico! He's a hard worker, and creams me on the bike.

Oh yeah! Also, this area is #bikelife!!!! I'm dying here, I am not used to bikes at all. My thighs are going to be buff as heck by the time I get back. I'm looking forward to the summer. It's particularly fun biking on major roads, under highways, and through one billion small neighborhood roads that do NOT connect at all. It's a challenge, for sure, but it's alllll worth it. 

As you already saw, I met a cousin I didn't know I had! She's in one of my wards and said her maiden name was Hogg and she's technically dad's cousin. She told me all about my great grandparents and I told her about us and dad's side of the family. It was pretty legit!

I love the work and I love The Lord!
Con Amor, 
Elder Hogg

From Mom:  I received a text from Eric's cousin (Eric's dad and her dad are brothers).  Small world!  

Other general pictures were sent - but I haven't received them yet!  Check back!


1 comment:

  1. AMAZING! That is just incredible. I love reading about his mission life. I'll bet you cannot wait until you get your Mother's Day Skype!

    ReplyDelete